Spalding - 66291 - 54
- Brand:Spalding Basketball Goals
- Product Code: 421-230
- Availability: In Stock
Easily set up and rearrange your home basketball court with this Spalding portable basketball system. The 66291 comes with a portable base that allows you to easily roll the product to the desired location on your property and start playing basketball immediately. The 66291 comes with a 54-inch acrylic basketball backboard with a steel frame.
The angled-back design of the pole-to-base mount distributes the weight of the system to help stabilize the unit while in use. Includes the Pro Slam breakaway rim and an all-weather white net; simply assemble the product and start playing the same day. Comes with the manufacturer warranty from Spalding.
• Backboard material of construction: acrylic.
• Acrylic provides a better rebound when compared to plastic backboards.
• The backboard is framed in steel, which improves the rigidity of the backboard and the longevity of the mounting bracket system.
• Includes the Pro Slam Breakaway Rim.
• Backboard dimensions: 54 inches W x 32 inches H.
• This backboard size is great for beginning to intermediate level players.
• Includes all-weather white net.
• Backboard to pole clearance (directly up from the base): 14 inches.
Pole and height adjustment mechanism
• Pole construction and design: 3-piece, 3.5 inch diameter round.
• Pole material of construction: powder-coated steel.
• Pole color: black.
• Backboard height is adjustable from 7.5-feet to 10-feet in 6-inch increments.
• Adjustment mechanism: Exacta Height.
• Pole angled forward at 20 degrees.
Other features and specs
• Portable base capacity: 34 gallons.
• Base can fill with water or sand.
• Assembly required.
• Includes manufacturer warranty: 1 year on parts, 5 years on backboard.
• Backboard frame pad included to help protect players.
• Shipping weight: 112 lbs.
• Shipping dimensions: 55.43 inches x 37.12 inches x 8.58 inches.
Portable basketball goals can be a head scratcher at times. You want something that is easy to move and transport, as well as a unit that can be folded up when it's not used. On top of all that, and depending on the level of play, you want something stable, durable, and one that won't easily be tip over. You just have to analyze your needs and wants, and be ready to compromise unless you have a lot of money, space, and manpower.
Portable basketball systems can be rated from Youth to Beginners, Residential to Institutional, up to Professional level of play. Whatever your situation may be, you want a system that is easy to set up, safe, and a unit that matches your level of play. Ultimately, two of the most deciding factors are economics and the amount of playing space you have.
Most players either wish they can slam-dunk, or they already can. Slam dunking can be fun, and rewarding, but it also poses a safety issue if you don't have the correct type of system, and the right amount of ballast weight installed in the base of the portable system. Simply spoken, without the correct amount of counterbalance weight, the unit can tip over, and possibly fall on top of a player. Please do not compromise on the cost to make your unit safe for all age groups!
When choosing your portable basketball hoop you need to consider the function and strength. You want something built to high standards that can withstand rough play. You also want something that is not going to be cumbersome to move. You want a portable system that is equipped with a caster wheel system that makes it easy to tote your system from storage to the playing area. Most portable basketball systems can be moved by one or two persons.
Most portable systems are adjustable for two main reasons; one popular reason is for players of all ages, and heights to play with the portable hoop. Another main reason is for storage purposes. With this feature, the system can be folded down, and collapsed into a compact position which is ideal for transporting. Remember, purchase a portable basketball hoops that is durable and one that is safe. There are many to choice from, but that is why we created this website, to help make your buying process a little easier.
Designed for young players and/or any beginner that wants to try their hand in the game of basketball. Most of these portable systems are inexpensive, that way not a lot of money is tied up in a basketball system if they lose interest.
Designed for adults and/or advanced players who need a system to meet and exceed their demands and skill set. This baskeball portable system can be used as a top-quality residential system, or placed in a church or recreational center
Designed for a series level of competition. Must be official and regulation size systems. You can find these types of portable basketball systems in College and NBA arenas.