Spalding - 66349 - 50
- Brand:Spalding Basketball Goals
- Product Code: 421-248
- Availability: In Stock
Spalding 66349 Portable Basketball Hoop System with a 50 inch polycarbonate backboard and heavy duty steel frame and board pad. Also comes with a Pro Slam rim, all weather net, and a heavy duty backboard pad. Get ready to play some basketball with this portable Hoop System from Spalding. Anyone can play with this system, including seasoned players and young children.
The 66349 also comes with a heavy duty backboard pad and all weather net. You need no cement to start play, just fill the 34 gallon base with sand or water and begin shooting. Practice dunking with the Pro Slam breakaway rim and enjoy hours of recreation with your new system.
50 inch Polycarbonate Backboard
• 50" polycarbonate backboard with heavy duty 1" x 1" steel frame and board pad.
• 5/8" heavy duty Pro Slam break away rim with white all weather net.
• Polycarbonate provides a stronger, more durable material when compared with acrylic backboards.
• Polycarbonate provides a better rebound than plastic material backboard.
• Backboard mounting provides about 14 inches of clearance between the backboard and the pole.
Pole and Height Adjustment Mechanism
• Exacta-height lift provides height adjustment from 7.5 ft. - 10 ft.
• Three-piece, 3.5" diameter round pole system for easy assembly.
• This is the largest diameter round pole available from Spalding.
• Pole sections are made of steel.
Other Specs and Features •Steel parts are powder coated to help resist rusting.
• Product Weight: 111.10 lbs.
• Packaging Dimensions: 55.10" x 37.00" x 12.60".
• This product ships via Fedex and typically leaves the warehouse within 2 business days. The package will typically been in transit 3-5 business days in the continental United States.
• Silver pole with heavy duty pole pad.
• 34-gallon capacity base fills with water or sand for stability
Portable basketball goals can be a head scratcher at times. You want something that is easy to move and transport, as well as a unit that can be folded up when it's not used. On top of all that, and depending on the level of play, you want something stable, durable, and one that won't easily be tip over. You just have to analyze your needs and wants, and be ready to compromise unless you have a lot of money, space, and manpower.
Portable basketball systems can be rated from Youth to Beginners, Residential to Institutional, up to Professional level of play. Whatever your situation may be, you want a system that is easy to set up, safe, and a unit that matches your level of play. Ultimately, two of the most deciding factors are economics and the amount of playing space you have.
Most players either wish they can slam-dunk, or they already can. Slam dunking can be fun, and rewarding, but it also poses a safety issue if you don't have the correct type of system, and the right amount of ballast weight installed in the base of the portable system. Simply spoken, without the correct amount of counterbalance weight, the unit can tip over, and possibly fall on top of a player. Please do not compromise on the cost to make your unit safe for all age groups!
When choosing your portable basketball hoop you need to consider the function and strength. You want something built to high standards that can withstand rough play. You also want something that is not going to be cumbersome to move. You want a portable system that is equipped with a caster wheel system that makes it easy to tote your system from storage to the playing area. Most portable basketball systems can be moved by one or two persons.
Most portable systems are adjustable for two main reasons; one popular reason is for players of all ages, and heights to play with the portable hoop. Another main reason is for storage purposes. With this feature, the system can be folded down, and collapsed into a compact position which is ideal for transporting. Remember, purchase a portable basketball hoops that is durable and one that is safe. There are many to choice from, but that is why we created this website, to help make your buying process a little easier.
Designed for young players and/or any beginner that wants to try their hand in the game of basketball. Most of these portable systems are inexpensive, that way not a lot of money is tied up in a basketball system if they lose interest.
Designed for adults and/or advanced players who need a system to meet and exceed their demands and skill set. This baskeball portable system can be used as a top-quality residential system, or placed in a church or recreational center
Designed for a series level of competition. Must be official and regulation size systems. You can find these types of portable basketball systems in College and NBA arenas.