Lifetime - 1558 Portable 52
- Brand:Lifetime Basketball Goals
- Product Code: 1558
- Availability: In Stock
With a Lifetime 52 inch portable system, you just fill the base with sand or water to provide the necessary stability. No concrete installation required. Water is easier to manage as far as filling, moving, and draining the base. System has been tested to withstand up to 40 mph winds when properly filled with water. Sand provides more rigidity, is more suitable if you want your system to withstand higher winds, aggressive play, and leaking. Lifetime's XL Portable Basketball System is designed with a 52 inch shatter proof backboard of Makrolon™® polycarbonate with Slam-It® rim and easy Action Grip® height adjustment feature. The powder-coated steel pole is rust resistant and the pro-glass look backboard is UV-protected to resist discoloration. This is a system that will last through many years of competitive fun! Made in USA from US and imported parts. Assembly required. Covered by a 5 yr. limited factory warranty in US and Canada.
- Model Number: 1558
- Type: Portable XL 35 gal. (132 liters) roller base
- Footprint Dimensions: 49 in. (1.2 m) x 32.5 in. (82.5 cm)
- Backboard: 52 in. (1.3 m) x 33 in. (83.8 cm) x 1 in. (2.5 cm) powder-coated steel frame w/frame pad and clear playing surface
- Playing Surface: 0.1 oz (3mm) shatter proof Makrolon® polycarbonate w/fade-resistant graphics
- Extension: Straight round extension arms provide 22 in. (55.8 cm) offset from playing surface to pole
- Rim: Orange 18 in. (45.7 cm) Slam-It® rim of 5/8 in. (1.5 cm) solid steel with 1/2 in. (1 cm) steel braces and 2.5 oz. (70g) all-weather net
- Height Adjustment: Action Grip® uses counter-balance springs to adjust the backboard from 7.5 to10 ft (2 m to 3 m)in 6 inch (15 cm) increments. At its highest point the handle is 73 inches (1.8 m) from the ground, which is with the backboard at its lowest setting.
- Pole: 3 pc. Black 3.5 in. (8.9 cm) round powder-coated steel
- Weight of the System: 105 lbs. (47.627 kg)
- Packaged Dimensions: 52.50"L (133.35 cm) x 34"W (86.36 cm) x 10.38"H (26.365 cm)
- Warranty: 5 yr. Limited Factory
- Warranty in US and Canada
Portable basketball goals can be a head scratcher at times. You want something that is easy to move and transport, as well as a unit that can be folded up when it's not used. On top of all that, and depending on the level of play, you want something stable, durable, and one that won't easily be tip over. You just have to analyze your needs and wants, and be ready to compromise unless you have a lot of money, space, and manpower.
Portable basketball systems can be rated from Youth to Beginners, Residential to Institutional, up to Professional level of play. Whatever your situation may be, you want a system that is easy to set up, safe, and a unit that matches your level of play. Ultimately, two of the most deciding factors are economics and the amount of playing space you have.
Most players either wish they can slam-dunk, or they already can. Slam dunking can be fun, and rewarding, but it also poses a safety issue if you don't have the correct type of system, and the right amount of ballast weight installed in the base of the portable system. Simply spoken, without the correct amount of counterbalance weight, the unit can tip over, and possibly fall on top of a player. Please do not compromise on the cost to make your unit safe for all age groups!
When choosing your portable basketball hoop you need to consider the function and strength. You want something built to high standards that can withstand rough play. You also want something that is not going to be cumbersome to move. You want a portable system that is equipped with a caster wheel system that makes it easy to tote your system from storage to the playing area. Most portable basketball systems can be moved by one or two persons.
Most portable systems are adjustable for two main reasons; one popular reason is for players of all ages, and heights to play with the portable hoop. Another main reason is for storage purposes. With this feature, the system can be folded down, and collapsed into a compact position which is ideal for transporting. Remember, purchase a portable basketball hoops that is durable and one that is safe. There are many to choice from, but that is why we created this website, to help make your buying process a little easier.
Designed for young players and/or any beginner that wants to try their hand in the game of basketball. Most of these portable systems are inexpensive, that way not a lot of money is tied up in a basketball system if they lose interest.
Designed for adults and/or advanced players who need a system to meet and exceed their demands and skill set. This baskeball portable system can be used as a top-quality residential system, or placed in a church or recreational center
Designed for a series level of competition. Must be official and regulation size systems. You can find these types of portable basketball systems in College and NBA arenas.