Spalding 413-002 Backboard shall have a finished regulation size of 42" x 72". The backboard contains ½” tempered glass. FIBA approved. Frame is 5/16" 6063T6 Anodized aluminum frame pre-drilled for Easy Bolt padding. The Superglass Frame is a 2" x 3" square aluminum frame which bolts behind the glass along the bottom of the backboard frame. The channel is reinforced with three ribs for additional strength.
The rim bolts pass through and bolt to this channel to make this backboard unbreakable. The sub-frame mounting design prevents the rim from ever touching the glass. The goal mounting pattern is 5” x 5”. The backboard mounting pattern is 63” x 42 1/2”. The face of the glass shall be clear of all steel plates. The target and 2” border are fired into the glass for a longer lasting finish. Mounting pedestals are machined from solid steel for a 3/8" bolt.
The pedestals are encased in plastic and fixed in place with snap rings. The backboard has an unconditional lifetime warranty. Practice, game, intramural and recreational play is covered, supervised or unsupervised. Vandalism, acts of Nature, and outdoor use are not covered. SHIPPING WEIGHT: 215 lbs.
• Direct goal mount designed to prevent the goal from touching the glass
• Only compatible with main court portable backstops
• Meets all FIBA, NCAA®, and NFHS specifications
• Limited lifetime warranty (outdoor use is not covered)
• Standard perimeter strongback
• Official backboard of the 2015 NCAA® Men's and Women's Final Four™