Lifetime - 71522 Portable 54
- Brand:Lifetime Basketball Goals
- Product Code: 71522
- Availability: In Stock
Bring the fun home with the Lifetime basketball portable system. This basketball portable system allows you to play today without the delays of a concrete installation. Just fill up the portable base with sand or water for stability. Water is easier to manage as far as filling, moving, and draining the base. Sand provides more rigidity, is more suitable if you want your system to withstand higher winds, aggressive play, and leaking. With Lifetime’s reputation for high quality and durability, our basketball portable systems are built to last. This basketball portable system comes with a professional-looking acrylic backboard for superior rebounding performance. These basketball portable systems are designed with the quick and easy, one-hand Power Lift® which enables you to make height adjustments from 7.5 ft to 10 ft so that you can customize your system to fit your needs. Made in the USA from US and imported parts. Full assembly required. Covered by a 5 yr. limited factory warranty in US and Canada.
- Model Number: 71522
- Type: Portable XL 35 gal. (132 liters) roller base
- Footprint Dimensions: 49 in. (1.2 m) x 32.5 in. (82.5 cm)
- Backboard: 54 in. (1.4 m) x 33 in. (83.8 cm) x 1.5 in. (3.8 cm) powder-coated steel frame w/blow-molded polyethylene (HDPE) plastic frame pad and clear playing surface
- Playing Surface: .150 in. (3.8 mm) acrylic w/fade-resistant graphics, impact tested at 30 degrees Farenheit without shattering
- Extension: Rigid rectangular extension arms provide 22 in. (55.8 cm) offset from playing surface to pole
- Rim: Orange 18 in. (45.7 cm) Slam-It® Pro rim of 5/8 in. (1.5 cm) solid steel with 1/2 in. (1 cm) steel braces and covered double-compression springs with 5.3 oz.(150g) all-weather net
- Height Adjustment: Power Lift®, uses a pnuematic mechanism which allows you to adjust the backboard from 7.5 to10 ft (2 m to 3 m) in infinite increments. At its highest point the handle is 70 inches (1.7 m) from the ground, which is with the backboard at its lowest setting.
- Pole: 3 pc. Gray 3.5 in. (8.9 cm)round powder-coated steel pole
- Weight of the System: 116 lbs. (52.617 kg)
- Packaged Dimensions: 54.75"L (139.065 cm) x 34.31"W (87.147 cm) x 12.50"H (31.75 cm)
- Warranty: 5 yr. Limited Factory Warranty in US and Canada
Portable basketball goals can be a head scratcher at times. You want something that is easy to move and transport, as well as a unit that can be folded up when it's not used. On top of all that, and depending on the level of play, you want something stable, durable, and one that won't easily be tip over. You just have to analyze your needs and wants, and be ready to compromise unless you have a lot of money, space, and manpower.
Portable basketball systems can be rated from Youth to Beginners, Residential to Institutional, up to Professional level of play. Whatever your situation may be, you want a system that is easy to set up, safe, and a unit that matches your level of play. Ultimately, two of the most deciding factors are economics and the amount of playing space you have.
Most players either wish they can slam-dunk, or they already can. Slam dunking can be fun, and rewarding, but it also poses a safety issue if you don't have the correct type of system, and the right amount of ballast weight installed in the base of the portable system. Simply spoken, without the correct amount of counterbalance weight, the unit can tip over, and possibly fall on top of a player. Please do not compromise on the cost to make your unit safe for all age groups!
When choosing your portable basketball hoop you need to consider the function and strength. You want something built to high standards that can withstand rough play. You also want something that is not going to be cumbersome to move. You want a portable system that is equipped with a caster wheel system that makes it easy to tote your system from storage to the playing area. Most portable basketball systems can be moved by one or two persons.
Most portable systems are adjustable for two main reasons; one popular reason is for players of all ages, and heights to play with the portable hoop. Another main reason is for storage purposes. With this feature, the system can be folded down, and collapsed into a compact position which is ideal for transporting. Remember, purchase a portable basketball hoops that is durable and one that is safe. There are many to choice from, but that is why we created this website, to help make your buying process a little easier.
Designed for young players and/or any beginner that wants to try their hand in the game of basketball. Most of these portable systems are inexpensive, that way not a lot of money is tied up in a basketball system if they lose interest.
Designed for adults and/or advanced players who need a system to meet and exceed their demands and skill set. This baskeball portable system can be used as a top-quality residential system, or placed in a church or recreational center
Designed for a series level of competition. Must be official and regulation size systems. You can find these types of portable basketball systems in College and NBA arenas.