Schelde - SAM 10 Portable Basketball System
- Brand:Schelde North America
- Product Code: SNABBSM10US
- Availability: In Stock
The World Standard for Top Competition
SAFETY ZONE: Clearance space of 10' 8" from backboard to front of impact area.
SAM 10 is designed for the highest level of competition. It has been used in the Olympic Games and is currently in use by many professional and top collegiate teams. SAM 10 features a standard 10' 8" clearance space with impact padding to protect players while giving fans a clear view of the action. SAM 10 meets or exceeds all international, professional and NCAA requirements, and has been recommended by FIBA, the governing body for international basketball competition.
- 10' 8" clearance space for maximum player safety.
- Patented Dynamic Sub Frame (DSF) for instant setup and uniform weight distribution. Manual DSF available.
- Patented "Dunk Proof" backboard with Schelde's famous glass-free rim attachment and full-perimeter aluminum frame around the glass. Want Proof? See Video!
- Exclusive Pro-Action 180 multi-directional breakaway rim with adjustable positive locking mechanism. Complies with NCAA standards for rim elasticity and ball rebound.
- Heavy-duty power beam and support structure built with high-tensile-strength steel for exceptional rigidity, strength and durability.
- Spring-Activated Positive Locking Pin makes setup easier.
- Streamlined profile gives fans seated behind the unit a clearer view of the action.
- Front Locator Pins for precise placement and stability.
- Quick-Set Goal Height adjustment allows easy height adjustment with goal in game position.
- Full 6 inches of padding in the impact area. Available in 2 padding styles and 16 standard colors (see colors).
- Custom colors and full-color graphics also available.
- 100% enclosed ballast for a clean, attractive appearance.
- Double swivel casters in front and double rigid casters in rear.
- Model Number: SNABBSM10US
Portable basketball goals can be a head scratcher at times. You want something that is easy to move and transport, as well as a unit that can be folded up when it's not used. On top of all that, and depending on the level of play, you want something stable, durable, and one that won't easily be tip over. You just have to analyze your needs and wants, and be ready to compromise unless you have a lot of money, space, and manpower.
Portable basketball systems can be rated from Youth to Beginners, Residential to Institutional, up to Professional level of play. Whatever your situation may be, you want a system that is easy to set up, safe, and a unit that matches your level of play. Ultimately, two of the most deciding factors are economics and the amount of playing space you have.
Most players either wish they can slam-dunk, or they already can. Slam dunking can be fun, and rewarding, but it also poses a safety issue if you don't have the correct type of system, and the right amount of ballast weight installed in the base of the portable system. Simply spoken, without the correct amount of counterbalance weight, the unit can tip over, and possibly fall on top of a player. Please do not compromise on the cost to make your unit safe for all age groups!
When choosing your portable basketball hoop you need to consider the function and strength. You want something built to high standards that can withstand rough play. You also want something that is not going to be cumbersome to move. You want a portable system that is equipped with a caster wheel system that makes it easy to tote your system from storage to the playing area. Most portable basketball systems can be moved by one or two persons.
Most portable systems are adjustable for two main reasons; one popular reason is for players of all ages, and heights to play with the portable hoop. Another main reason is for storage purposes. With this feature, the system can be folded down, and collapsed into a compact position which is ideal for transporting. Remember, purchase a portable basketball hoops that is durable and one that is safe. There are many to choice from, but that is why we created this website, to help make your buying process a little easier.
Designed for young players and/or any beginner that wants to try their hand in the game of basketball. Most of these portable systems are inexpensive, that way not a lot of money is tied up in a basketball system if they lose interest.
Designed for adults and/or advanced players who need a system to meet and exceed their demands and skill set. This baskeball portable system can be used as a top-quality residential system, or placed in a church or recreational center
Designed for a series level of competition. Must be official and regulation size systems. You can find these types of portable basketball systems in College and NBA arenas.